I had an idea of starting off this "Misconception of the Week" series from today onwards. This means it requires a commitment from my part, which I pray to God that He will grant me the time and the mood to write.

Misconceptions among ourselves seem so rampant. If you ask any random muslim what his religion says about the concept of creation, for example, he would answer you immediately! Same goes for a Christian. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. But the fact remains that they KNOW what their religion says about important things like the concept of creation of the universe, the concept of God, what is right, what is wrong, what happens after death, etc.

BUT DO WE KNOW??

Isn't this the question that we should all ask ourselves? Do we know what our religion says about all these things? Do we even care? We have more reason to be proud about our religion than anyone else. But why aren't we taking the efforts to finding out ourselves before we go around pinpointing and blaming others.

So this is basically what triggered me to write this post.

What is Religion?

According to Dictionary.com, this is the definition given:
"a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

My point I want to prove in this post is that Hinduism is simply more than just a religion. The definition about does fit Hinduism. Except for the creation part. Because Hinduism says that the creation and the creator are the same! Meaning everything you see, feel, touch, hear, smell, taste, breath is God. This is, like I had previously mentioned, different from how other religions view it.

So do not equate Hinduism with any other religion in the world! Never! IT is UNIQUE! And be proud of your religion! It might seem like a fanatic is talking here. However, I am in a sane state of mind, and I don't see why I should not extol the virtues of Hinduism while it is there to be extolled!